It is imperative that Congress pass relief targeted relief to the rental housing industry and fix a number of problems in the CARES Act.
Please contact your Member of Congress and demand they protect apartments!
Our Congressional representatives need to:
- Create an emergency rental assistance program for those who are impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and struggle to cover housing expenses.
- Better tailor the CARES Act eviction moratorium provision and safeguard owners’ ability to effectively manage their communities.
- Allow more housing providers access to mortgage forbearance and ensure fairness and flexibility in its terms.
- Provide financial assistance for property-level financial obligations such as property taxes or insurance payments and extend credit to multifamily mortgage servicers.
- Expand the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program to include all multifamily businesses.
A recently introduced bill would suspend rent payments. This is NOT what we need!
Congress Needs to Protect Apartments!