The ordinance requires:
- 20-day notice to vacate and relocation assistance for low-income tenants authorized by RCW 59.18.440, when a landlord intends to change the use, substantially rehabilitate, or demolish a dwelling unit.
- 60-day notice to vacate for no-cause eviction
- 60-day notice requirement for rent increase
- Distribute certain information
- Prohibits retaliation
- Allows installment payments for various deposits and fees
- Provides authority to enforce violations, as well as codification of relocation assistance when the City declares a building uninhabitable.
The code passed unanimously on November 20th and replaces the city's temporary protections that sunset on January 31, 2019.