Oregon OSHA has released new COVID-19 safety requirements that go into effect today for all employers statewide, though some of the new rules will be phased in. The rules are intended to protect employees and customers and limit the spread of the virus. The OSHA rules are separate from the temporary pause that goes into effect on Wednesday, November 18th. Under the new OSHA rules, employers must:
- Notify workers within 24 hours of a work-related COVID infection
- Require all employees and customers to wear face masks
- Provide face masks to employees
- Allow employees to wear face masks even when not required by law
- Incorporate employee feedback in order to gauge risks
- Create an infection control plan by December 7th
- Provide information and training to employees by December 21st.
You can read more about the new rules here.