|HFO's 2014 Developer Forum|
After a brief discussion by each panel member on the use of metal framing in apartment construction from their perspective, the panel responded to questions from the audience. During the 40-minute Q & A session, audience members also shared previous experiences or future plans for use of metal framing. Co-sponsor Ted Stark of USI Insurance pleasantly surprised the audience with news that insurance for metal frame apartments is approximately two-thirds less than for wood structures.
The panelists were:
- Wayne Armstrong, Developer
- Josh Richards, Structural Engineer, KPFF
- Chris Spurgin, Stack Architecture
- Brian Gerritz, Pavilion Construction
- Jakob Lepa, Canam (Hambro supplier)