According to a report released this month by the Oregon Economic Forum, Oregon's economic Indicators continue improving:
- Oregon's economic activity rose to 0.33 in April.
- The manufacturing and services sectors contributed positively to the measure, while construction and household sectors dragged.
- Overall, the Oregon economy is growing near to somewhat above its average rate since 1990.
- The University of Oregon Index of Economic Indicators™ has risen in each of the last seven months.
- Initial unemployment claims fell again, and are now in a region consistent with strong job growth. Initial claims were the lowest since May of 2007, prior to the onset of the last recession.
- Residential building permits (smoothed) are at their highest level since February 2008.