Monday, June 24, 2013
Sunday, June 23, 2013
An article published in today's Oregonian summarizes a 95-page study recently completed by the City of Portland identifying neighborhoods next "at risk" for gentrification. The study identifies potential methods for minimizing disruption for existing residents. The Oregonian also provided an interesting interactive map.
Thursday, June 13, 2013
According to a report released this month by the Oregon Economic Forum, Oregon's economic Indicators continue improving:
- Oregon's economic activity rose to 0.33 in April.
- The manufacturing and services sectors contributed positively to the measure, while construction and household sectors dragged.
- Overall, the Oregon economy is growing near to somewhat above its average rate since 1990.
- The University of Oregon Index of Economic Indicators™ has risen in each of the last seven months.
- Initial unemployment claims fell again, and are now in a region consistent with strong job growth. Initial claims were the lowest since May of 2007, prior to the onset of the last recession.
- Residential building permits (smoothed) are at their highest level since February 2008.
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Click here to download the PDF of the apartment market analysis. For the complete analysis on industrial, retail and office properties, read the full report.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
The Seattle metro area last reported at 4.3% vacancy rate. Read more from MPF Research.