Albany has a vacancy factor under 5% and currently Corvallis is reporting “negative” vacancy with waiting list on many properties.
Albany UpdateThere were 5 apartment transactions in Albany in 2012.
Albany currently has a 90-unit apartment complex permitted and ready for construction on 34th and Hill. There is a proposed 120 unit development in North Albany at North Albany Rd. and Hwy 20, near the North Albany Village retail center.
- 1440 Geary Circle SE, Latitude 44, year built 1982, 125 units, $6,300,000.00
- 1938 Geary St SE, Wildflower Apartments, year built 2009, 44 units, $3,650,000.00
- 750 Queens Ave SE, Holly Square Apartments, year built 1965, 43 units,$2,200,000.00 (sale still pending)
- 1015 SW 5th Ave, 18 units, year built 1971, $770,000.00
- 1958-1968 SE Marion St, 6 units, year built 1977, $350,000.00
Corvallis has continued to be a very tight market for sales of apartment properties. There is high demand for product with very few owners having the desire to sell. There were 2 apartment transactions in 2012.
- 6300 SW Grand Oaks Dr, Grand Oaks Apartments, year built 2002, 125 units, $14,500,000.00
- 755 NW 3rd St, Whispering Pines, year built 1964, 24 units, $1,350,000.00
The following is a list of Corvallis apartment projects for 2013:
- Timberhill Meadows- 135 units
- 7th St. Station- 82 units
- Walnut Creek- 80 units
- Franklin Place- 28 units
- Tyler Townhomes – 44 units
- Harrison Apartments – 70 units
- Water Street – 27 units
- The Sather property – 330 proposed units. This property was recently annexed. Preliminary plans have been provided and numerous meetings with the City of Corvallis have occurred but no permits have been submitted.
The above information was obtained from the City of Albany and the City of Corvallis planning departments, as well as other third-party sources that are deemed reliable. If you need additional information or have questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my direct number in our Portland office, 971-717-6336. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions you might have.HFO Investment Real Estate is an investment brokerage firm with a focus exclusively on apartment properties in Oregon and Washington and provides a national selling platform with a unique insider’s knowledge of these local apartment markets. This complete attention on apartment investments enables HFO’s clients to make better investment decisions. HFO Investment Real Estate: All Apartments - All the Time(SM). Learn more at www.hfore.comwww.hfore.com.